Last updated: 4 December 2020
What personal information we collect and how we collect this information
The Michael and Suzanne Borrin Foundation collects personal information from you when you make an enquiry or apply for funding including grants and fellowships. This includes your name and contact details and may include information about the organisation you represent (such as your employer). We may also collect public information from reputable third-party data providers such as LinkedIn.
We also collect personal information from you if you choose to receive updates from us, contact us (via phone or email), or otherwise submit your personal information to our website.
If you submit an application for a fellowship, we ask you to provide personal information including information about you and your personal and professional experience. The application process also collects information about you from third parties that you identity in your fellowship application (e.g. from written references). If you are awarded a fellowship, we may ask for information to verify your identity and residency or citizenship status.
We may ask for bank details to make grant or fellowship payments.
How we use personal information
We collect your personal information:
- to communicate with you including emails, phone calls or text messages
- to share information about our grants and fellowships
- to make decisions about awarding fellowships and grants, including verifying your identity
- to provide the fellowship or grant to you and to verify your compliance with the fellowship or grant terms (if you are awarded a fellowship or grant)
- to process grant or fellowship payments
- to improve the services that we provide
- to conduct research and statistical analysis for internal purposes
- for any other purpose indicated at the time information was provided to us.
How we share personal information
We may disclose personal information to any person who is directly involved in administering or evaluating applications for grant or fellowship funding, or in the administration or provision of grants or fellowships. This could include the:
- directors, officers, employees, consultants or contractors of the Michael and Suzanne Borrin Foundation
- directors, officers or employees of our corporate trustee, the Nikau Foundation
- Michael and Suzanne Borrin Foundation Grants and Scholarships Committee
- individuals participating in a fellowship selection panel.
Contact details and information about a grant or fellowship may be shared with third parties to promote the Grantee’s and the Borrin Foundation’s shared goals as stated in grant or fellowship agreements.
We may publish information on the activities, impact and success stories of grants or fellowships on our website or in other marketing materials.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide information, we may be unable to award a fellowship or grant.
How we protect personal information
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse, including by implementing data security and management systems in accordance with accepted industry practice.
Access to personal information and questions
You have the right to access or request correction to your personal information. If you have questions about personal information we hold please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 4184 5464, or c/o- Nikau Foundation, PO Box 24-220, Manners Street, Wellington 6140.
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal information you can contact our privacy officer at email@example.com, 04 381 2224 or Nikau Foundation, Level 4, 44 Victoria Street, Wellington Central, 6011. The Nikau Foundation is the Corporate Trustee for the Borrin Foundation.